If you’re having trouble with your Xbox 360 controller not working the way it should, or if you just want to make sure it’s set up properly, you can use this simple method to reset your controller to factory settings.
All you need to do is disconnect the battery, wait a few seconds, and reconnect it again. Here’s how to accomplish it in 3 simple steps. In my case, I faced many problems in the beginning, but soon the problem was eradicated due to the knowledge that I gained from the prior study conducted on the Xbox 360 controller.
Preparing your Xbox 360 controller for re-pairing
If you’re looking to reset your Xbox 360 controller, here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it. First, make sure your controller is charged. If it’s not, plug it in and wait a few minutes for it to charge. Next, turn on your Xbox 360 console.
Once it’s on, press and hold the sync button on your controller for three seconds. This will clear any current connections. Now, press the sync button on your console for three seconds.
This will put the console into pairing mode. Finally, press the sync button on your controller again and wait for the controller to connect to the console. That’s it! Your controller is now reset and ready to be repaired.
Sync Xbox controller again using buttons on the back panel
Have trouble with your Xbox 360 controller? Not responding the way it should, or just feeling a little off? There are a few things you can try to get it back to working order.
First, try syncing the controller again using the buttons on the back panel. Try resetting it if that doesn’t work, you should try to sync your Xbox controller with your console and try to check again. Hopefully, it will work for you.
Pressing the sync button (for two seconds)
If your controller is unresponsive, you can try resetting it by pressing the sync button. This will re-establish the connection between the controller and the console. Here’s how to do it:
1. Press and hold the sync button on your controller for two seconds.
2. Doing this will cause the console to emit a loud beeping noise.
3. The controller will then vibrate, indicating that it has been reset.
4. You can now re-pair your controller with your console by pressing the sync button again.
5. If your controller is still unresponsive, you may need to replace the batteries.
6. You can also try connecting your controller to a different USB port on your console.
Connecting your device to the controller
1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console and unplug the power cord to ensure the reset process isn’t interrupted.
2. Locate the tiny hole on the back of the controller near the L2 shoulder button.
3. Using a paperclip or similar object, insert it into the hole and press down for about two seconds. You should feel a click when you do this correctly.
4. After you hear the click, remove the paperclip and press any button on the controller to wake it up.
After completing these steps, you should connect your device to the controller and check that everything works completely ok. Leave a like if you really did solve the issue.
Select menu language on your device
Assuming you’ve already powered on your device, the first thing you’ll need to do is select your menu language. On the home screen, scroll over to the Settings cog icon and press A.
From there, go down to System and press A again. Next, scroll over to Console Settings. Once you’re in the Console Settings menu, scroll down to Language and make your selection.
If you’re unsure of what language you want to use, there are several different languages available, so choose the one that best suits your needs.
Connect your device via USB cable
1. Make sure your Xbox 360 controller is turned off.
2. Connect the controller to your console via the USB cable.
3. Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.
4. Select Settings, then select System Settings.
5. Select Storage or Memory, then select Clear System Cache.
6. Press the Y button on your controller, then select Yes to confirm.
7. Restart your console and try using your controller again.
Go to Settings -> Bluetooth -> Search devices
If your controller is unresponsive, follow these steps to connect it to your Xbox 360:
1. Go to Settings -> Bluetooth -> Search devices.
2. Select the controller from the list of available devices.
3. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the controller for three seconds.
4. After the light on the controller begins flashing, press and hold the connect button on the front of the console for three seconds.
5. The light on the controller will stop flashing and remain solid once it has been successfully paired with your console.
6. You can now use your controller to play games as usual!
Reconnect the controller via Bluetooth on your mobile device
To reconnect your controller to your mobile device via Bluetooth, first, turn off your controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button for about 6 seconds.
Then, on your mobile device, go to the Bluetooth settings and select Add Device. Once your controller appears in the list of available devices, select it to pair.
You may be prompted to enter a PIN code; if so, just enter 0000. Finally, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller to turn it back on.
1)Why reset your controller?
- There are a few reasons you might need to reset your Xbox 360 controller:
A reset can sometimes fix the problem.
- In case you want to use your controller on a different Xbox 360 console, you’ll need to reset it first.
- Or in case you’re selling or giving away your controller, you’ll want to reset it to remove your personal information.
Accessing the reset button
The reset button on an Xbox 360 controller is located on the back of the controller near the L2 shoulder button. In order to access it, you will need to remove the battery cover and batteries. Once you have done that, you will see a small hole with a button inside. Pressing this button will reset the controller.
2) What does resetting do?
When you reset your controller, it will erase all of your current settings and revert back to the defaults. This can be helpful if you’ve made a lot of changes and want to start fresh, or if your controller isn’t working properly and you want to see if resetting it will help.
So, if you follow our complete guide in order to reset your Xbox 360 controller, you will be easily able to do so by reading this article, and optimistically, we hope that we have provided enough information to make you an expert on the lot.
If you learned something new, then do let me know down in the comments section. It will mean a lot to me. Also do let others know How To Reset Xbox 360 Controller.