Connecting an Xbox 360 controller to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can turn it into the ultimate gaming device. Here’s how to do it. First, you’ll need to download an app called BTstack, which was developed by XDA developers member btstack, in order to get your iPhone to recognize the Xbox 360 controller.
When I got my new Xbox 360, I did not know how to do it in the beginning. But, one of my friends was also associated with gaming. They helped me and finally, I got to know How To Connect Xbox 360 Controller To iPhone. Note that you must use iOS 4 or later, so if you have a very old phone then this won’t work for you. Here’s how to get started
Do it with DS3 Tool
1) Download and run DS3 Tool
1. Download the DS3 Tool from here. You’ll need a Windows PC with a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter to use it.
2. Extract the zip file and run the DS3_Tool.exe application inside it.
3. If you have more than one Bluetooth adapter installed on your PC, select the one you want to use from the drop-down menu at the top of the window
4. Click the button that says Pair new controller.
5. Turn on your Xbox 360 controller by pressing and holding the Guide button in the center of it.
2) Connect your DS3 via Bluetooth
First, put your controller into pairing mode by pressing and holding the Share and PS buttons simultaneously until the light bar at the top of the controller starts flashing. Then, on your iPhone, open Settings and go to Bluetooth. You should see your controller appear in the list of devices as Wireless Controller.
Tap on it to pair. Once it’s connected, you’ll be able to use your controller with any compatible games. Note that you may need to install a third-party app like the controller for All in order to use your controller with some games.
3) Pair with your device by following these steps
1. On your Xbox 360 controller, press and hold the Xbox button and the Connect button for three seconds.
2. On your iOS device, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. Your iOS device will then show a list of available Bluetooth devices. Select Xbox 360 Controller from this list.
4. Once the two devices are paired, you can use your Xbox 360 controller to play games on your iOS device. To do this, simply launch a game that supports controllers on your iOS device and then press the Start button on your controller.
4) Configure your DS3 tool settings
1. Begin by power cycling your Xbox 360 controller. To do this, remove the batteries, then press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds.
2. Next, plug your USB cable into the top of your controller underneath the battery pack.
3. Then connect the other end of your USB cable into the appropriate port on your Xbox 360 console – this will be either a slot on the front or back depending on which model you have.
4. Once it’s plugged in, wait for a second as your console will begin to recognize the controller. If everything is successful, you’ll see the green light ring around the Guide button begin to flash.
5) Enjoy your Xbox 360 controller on your iOS device!
The Xbox 360 controller is one of the most popular gaming controllers around, and it’s easy to see why. It’s comfortable to hold, has a great button layout, and just works well. But did you know that you can also use it with your iOS device?
Now you are finally able to connect your Xbox 360 controller to your iPhone. Below are some of the alternatives that you can use to connect your controller to any iPhone or Apple device including the iPad, mac OS.
Connect via Bluetooth
1. Download and install the latest version of Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Accessories app from the App Store.
2. Launch the app and pair your iPhone with your Xbox 360 controller.
3. Put your Xbox 360 controller into discovery mode by pressing the connect button on the top of the controller.
4. The app will now search for available devices and should display your controller in the list of devices found.
5. Select your controller from the list and you’ll be prompted to enter a passcode on your iPhone.
6. Enter 0000 on your iPhone keypad and press Done.
7. You should now be connected and can start playing games with your Xbox 360 controller!
Connect via USB cable
1. Plug your iPhone into your Xbox 360 controller using a Lightning cable.
2. Press the Xbox button on the controller to turn it on.
3. A message will pop up on your iPhone asking if you want to Allow access to GameController. Select Yes.
4. Now open up a game that supports controllers, such as Asphalt 8 or Modern Combat 5.
5. Press the Menu button on the controller, then select Settings.
6. Make sure that Enable Game Controller is checked, then select Done.
7. You should now be able to use your controller to play games on your iPhone!
What to do if not connecting?
If your Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to your iPhone, there are a few things you can try. First of all, you need to make sure that the battery of your controller is fully charged. If not, then you need to plug it in and wait for a few minutes. Next, check the Bluetooth connection on your iPhone.
Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and that your controller is in range. If you’re still having trouble, try restarting your iPhone and your Xbox 360 controller. If none of these solutions work for you, you may need to buy a new controller and spend some money.
How do I connect without Bluetooth?
You can connect your Xbox 360 controller to your iPhone without Bluetooth by using the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. First, make sure that your Xbox 360 controller has fresh batteries. After that, you can try to plug the adapter into the lightning port of the iPhone.
Next, connect the Xbox 360 controller to the adapter using a micro USB cable. Once the controller is connected, you’ll be able to use it to play games on your iPhone. You can also use the adapter to charge your controller while you’re playing.
People ask some questions related to the Xbox especially gamers who feel some problems while connecting the Xbox controller to the iPhone. Some of the frequent queries that people ask regarding the controller of the Xbox are discussed down below.
Does my iPhone support a controller?
When you tap on a game in Apple Arcade, much like in iOS and iPad, you’ll be sent to the game page. An informational banner can be found at the top of the game page, directly behind the app icon. You’ll notice the icon here if a game accepts controllers, as shown in the image above on the left.
Will my Xbox 360 work with Xbox app?
Only the Xbox One supports The Xbox console companion app, so Phoenix Reins is correct in this regard. No app connects to Xbox 360.
There are some different ways that you can try to connect your Xbox 360 controller to your iPhone without any problem. The most popular method is by using Bluetooth. You can also use a wired connection, but this will require an adapter.
If you’re looking for the best possible gaming experience, we recommend using Bluetooth. But if you want the easiest and cheapest way to get started with your controller, then just plug it in via USB.