The Xbox Elite Controller is one of the best controllers on the market, but it has one major drawback: you can’t connect it to your PC via Bluetooth.
Microsoft doesn’t provide instructions on how to do this, either—but if you follow these steps, you’ll be playing your PC games with the Elite controller in no time!
Don’t worry! I have personally tried these fixes and I hope that they will also help you in every regard. This is my experience in written form.
Turn on Bluetooth
In order to connect an Xbox Elite Controller to Your PC via Bluetooth, the first and foremost things are as below.
1. Start by making sure your controller has fresh batteries. Then, press and hold the connect button on the top of the controller for three seconds.
2. Next, open up your PC’s Settings menu by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard. Then, click on Devices.
3. In the Devices menu, select Bluetooth & other devices from the left-hand column.
4. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned On by clicking the toggle switch next to it (it should be blue when it’s on).
5. Now it’s time to put your controller into pairing mode so that your PC can find it.
Open Game Controllers
1. First, open the Start menu and search for Game Controllers.
2. In the window that appears, find your Xbox Elite controller and right-click it.
3. From the options that appear, select Properties.
4. In the Properties window, go to the Settings tab.
5. Under Connection, select Wireless Controller.
6. Finally, click OK to save your changes and exit the window.
7. Your controller should now be successfully connected to your PC via Bluetooth!
Choose your device
Windows 10 computers have built-in Bluetooth features that allow you to connect all sorts of devices wirelessly. The Xbox Elite controller is one of those devices.
In order to connect your controller, you’ll need to make sure your PC has Bluetooth capabilities and is running the latest version of Windows 10. Step-by-step instructions are provided here
The first thing you should do if your Xbox Elite controller won’t connect to your PC is to check and see if it needs a firmware update.
You can do this by going into the Devices menu on your Xbox One console and selecting the controller. The availability of an update will be indicated here. Just adhere to the instructions to install it.
Pair it and you are done!
1. Check if your controller has a 3.5mm jack. If it does, you can plug it into your PC and use it as a wired controller. If not, you’ll need to connect it wirelessly.
2. On your PC, go to Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else.
3. Hold down the Pair button on your controller for three seconds until the Xbox button flashes.
4. Select your controller from the list of devices and click Pair.
5. If prompted, enter 0000 as the passcode.
6. Once paired, your controller will connect automatically when turned on and within range of your PC
Change Button Layout
If you’re having trouble connecting your Xbox Elite controller to your PC via Bluetooth, there are a few things you can try. Verify that your controller has fresh batteries first.
If that doesn’t work, try resetting your controller by pressing the tiny button on the back near the LB button. If that doesn’t work, you may need to delete the controller’s existing pairing information from your PC and start from scratch.
Disconnect Other Bluetooth Devices
If you’re having trouble connecting your controller to your PC, it’s likely because of a conflict with another Bluetooth device. To fix this, first disconnect any other Bluetooth devices that might be paired with your computer.
This includes any other controllers, headsets, or anything else that uses Bluetooth. Once you’ve done that, try reconnecting your controller. If you continue to encounter difficulties, do the next step.
Restart the Devices
If your controller won’t connect or doesn’t work as expected, try the following:
1. Restart your Xbox One console and your Windows 10 device (PC, laptop, or Surface).
2. Unplug all controllers connected to your console, including any controller adapters.
3. Press and hold the Guide button on your controller for three seconds, then turn on your controller.
4. Verify that your controller has fresh batteries by pressing the Menu button. If you see a low battery indicator, replace the batteries as soon as possible.
5. If you’re using a wireless adapter, make sure it’s plugged into an available USB port on your computer and that it’s not blocked by another object.
Why won’t my Xbox Elite controller pair with the Bluetooth on my computer?
Turn off your Xbox controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button for 6 seconds. If you turn off your Xbox, turn it back on by pressing the button again. Use the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows or a USB cord to connect your controller to your computer.
How can I link my PC to my Bluetooth Elite controller?
Your controller’s Pair button must be pressed and held for three seconds in order for the Xbox button to begin quickly blinking.
Select Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices on your computer by pressing the Start button (Windows 11: Settings > Bluetooth & devices).
How can I activate Bluetooth mode on my Xbox Elite controller?
For your controller to switch on, press the Xbox button. To put your controller into pairing mode, press and hold the Connect button for a short period of time.
Now you may be able to Connect an Xbox Elite Controller to Your PC via Bluetooth. Verify that your controller has fresh batteries first. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your controller by turning it off and then back on again.
If neither of those work, you may need to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers for your controller. Finally, if all else fails, you can try connecting your controller to your PC with a micro USB cable. The Microsoft website offers instructions on how to set up a wired connection using an Xbox One controller.